Webpage created: April 08, 2018
Webpage updated: May 01, 2018
The Up platform of Mutley Station was opened by the Great Western Railway Company on August 1st 1871. The Down platform followed several weeks later.
Not a picture OF Mutley Station but of GWR
0-4-4 tank locomotive
Because of its location near to the villas of Compton Gifford, Mannamead and Mutley, it became known as "the gentry's station".
Mutley Signal Box, opened in 1894, was situated on the Up platform. It was taken out of use in 1908.
Mutley Station was closed to passenger traffic on or as from March 2nd 1939.