Webpage created: June 27, 2017.
Webpage updated: September 04, 2017
WYCLIFFE HALL ELECTRIC THEATRE
The Wycliffe Hall was situated on the southern side of Saint John's Road, at Cattedown, Plymouth, immediately opposite Alma Street, and Mr E A Conybeare was granted a provisional cinema license for it on December 21st 1910.
The Hall was an odd shape, being wider at the eastern end than at the western. Probably no physical alterations were made to the building and for the first few weeks it was known merely as an electric theatre.
When a new license was issued in 1911 it was issued to Mr E A Conybeare in the name of the Picturedrome.