OLD PLYMOUTH . UK
www.oldplymouth.uk
 

  Brian Moseley, Plymouth
Webpage created: July 05, 2017.
Webpage updated: July 05, 2017

        

-

VICTORIA ALMSHOUSES

Victoria Cottages in Victoria Street, Plymouth, between Portland Square and James Street, were purchased in 1834 by Mrs Mary Granville Hodson.   By a deed dated February 2nd 1844 she endowed them with 500-worth of 3% consols and they became almshouses for twelve poor women of the parishes of Saint Andrew's and Charles.