Webpage created: February 22, 2019
Webpage updated: February 22, 2019
ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF SAINT EDWARD THE CONFESSOR
The Roman Catholic Church of Saint Edward the Confessor is situated in Home Park Avenue, Peverell, Plymouth.
It was designed by Messrs Scoles & Raymond. Bishop Graham laid the foundation stone of a Basilica style church on November 24th 1909. The Church was opened for worship on February 19th 1911. This part, the north aisles and chapel, is now the Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament. The presbytery was also built at this time.
A nave, sanctuary, south aisle and baptistery were added in 1934-35 to the designs of Mr Wilfrid C Mangan.
The Roman Catholic Church of Saint Edward the Confessor was consecrated by the Roman Catholic Bishop of Plymouth, the Right Reverend Francis Grimshaw, on June 6th 1949.