OLD PLYMOUTH . UK
www.oldplymouth.uk
 

  Brian Moseley, Plymouth
Webpage created: February 01, 2018
Webpage updated: February 01, 2018

        

ROYAL MAIL IN OLD PLYMOUTH

SAINT ANDREW'S CROSS POST OFFICE

Spear's Corner Post Office, the temporary wartime expedient, closed on September 10th 1957.

As part of the reconstruction of the City Centre, a smart new Saint Andrew's Cross Post Office was officially opened by Mr Ken Thompson, Assistant Postmaster general, on September 10th 1957.  It was opened to the public the following day.