OLD PLYMOUTH . UK
Plus parts of the South Hams and West Devon
www.oldplymouth.uk
 

  Brian Moseley, Plymouth
Webpage created: May 21, 2018
Webpage updated: December 21, 2021

        

RAILWAYS IN OLD PLYMOUTH  |  LAUNCESTON BRANCH
BRANCH LINE, PLYMOUTH STATION (MILLBAY) TO LAUNCESTON STATION

LIDDATON HALT

Liddaton Halt, at 22 miles 35 chains mile post mileage from Tavistock Junction, was opened by the Great Western Railway Company on April 4th 1938.

On Weekdays and Sundays, 'where train service permits', commencing on May 1st 1953, the following cheap day return tickets, first and third class, were available from Liddaton Halt to: Launceston, 3 shillings (s) 6 pence (d) 1st, 2s 3d 3rd; Plymouth North Road Station, 8s 9d 1st, 5s 9d 3rd; and Tavistock South, 3s 6d 1st, 2s 3d, 3rd.

The Halt was closed to passenger traffic on and as from December 31st 1962.