Webpage created: June 02, 2017.
Webpage updated: June 03, 2017
RAILWAYS IN OLD PLYMOUTH | BRITISH RAILWAYS (SOUTHERN REGION)
SUTTON HARBOUR BRANCH
As from January 1st 1948 the Southern Railway Company's Sutton Harbour Branch between Friary Station and North Quay, Sutton Harbour, became the British Railways (Southern Region) Sutton Harbour Branch.
Because it duplicated the British Railways (Western Region) Sutton Harbour Branch it was closed to traffic and the Sutton Road Level Crossing Signal Box was removed in November 1950.
The remainder of the track was removed during 1957.
This left the British Railways (Western Region) Sutton Harbour Branch providing the only access to North Quay.